If you are looking for a new addition to the family but know that you are going to need certain characteristics in your dog for a balanced home-life, there are things you want to consider especially when you have a family. You want to make sure that your dog is going to fit in great, you want a friendly dog. Purebred Breeders has compiled a list of the top 5 friendliest dogs that would make a great addition in any family.
- Golden Retriever: There is no surprise that this is a favorite family dog. These dogs love children and are gentle and loyal. They can adjust to any lifestyle and do not bark very loud. They are highly intelligent and can serve as dependable guide dogs. They do come with a catch 22, they have a thick coat, and retrievers shed a lot of hair and need to be brushed regularly.
- Boxer: Boxers are very active and are very family oriented. Make sure to train your boxer properly as a puppy, for they tend to make a mess of the house if not trained properly and exercised. Boxers also adjust very well to city life.
- Labrador: Labs are a great family dog; they like children and are good guardians. They are similar to retrievers in that they also do not bark loud. Contrary to them though they do not shed hair. Labs also work well with visitors just as well as with family. They love to swim and play catch and make great guide dogs as well.
- Pugs: Pugs carry a ton of personality in a small size. Well-trained pugs are very lovable and friendly. They are very loyal and attached to their owner and will only listen to their commands. They are very comfortable being pampered, but like to bark.
- Beagle: Beagles love to be petted. They like to go in search of a particular scent and may ignore your commands when it’s focused on following a smell. They generally have less inherited health problems. They are easily won over and are excellent with children.
Hope this information has helped you in your search for your next addition to the family.
Try taking Good Housekeeping’s Dog Breed Quiz to see which dog breeds may match best with your personality and lifestyle.
To learn more about different dog breeds, clicking on different breeds on our site.